The HeadsUpGuys Team brings together a comprehensive set of skills and experiences.
HeadsUpGuys’ content is derived from evidence-based research and includes both clinician and patient perspectives to ensure the accuracy and relatability of our content.
Learn more About Us.
- Before any content is published, research into current scientific findings is undertaken to make sure our writing and resources are evidence based.
- Once a draft is prepared, it is thoroughly reviewed for validity and accuracy by multiple members of the HeadsUpGuys team.
- Content is then medically reviewed and approved:
- By Dr. John Ogrodniczuk PhD (PhD, University of Alberta, and Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 20+ years of experience as a psychotherapist and researcher in men’s mental health and male suicide).
- Consulting other experts in relevant fields.
- Any necessary revisions are then made.
- Scientific or medical claims always include citations to other medically approved resources or peer-reviewed publishings. When applicable, a list of numbered references is included at the bottom of the page.
Dr. John Ogrodniczuk – HeadsUpGuys Founder
PhD, University of Alberta, and Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of British Columbia
- 20+ years of experience as a psychotherapist and researcher in men’s mental health and male suicide
- Over 250 scientific publications
Josh Beharry – Project Manager
B.Sc. majoring in Computer Science, UBC
Since recovering from experiences with depression and attempted suicide in 2010, Josh has become a passionate advocate for mental health, volunteering and working in the area of mental health advocacy since 2012. Josh has been with HeadsUpGuys since 2014.
Colin Stasuik – Therapist Directory Coordinator
B.Sc. majoring in Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University
Motivated by a long personal history of depression and navigating the current mental health landscape, Colin is deeply interested in mental health advocacy and awareness in an effort to reduce stigma around getting help. He strives to make discussing mental health and therapy a common part of everyday life.
Audrey Fox – Toolkit Coordinator
B.A. majoring in Psychology, UBC
Audrey is both passionate about mental health literacy and fascinated by the human brain. She strives to help men who are struggling to make sense of their emotions and live happier lives through outreach and education.
Joel Robison – Social Media Coordinator and Graphic Designer
Conceptual Artist, Photographer, and Social Media Specialist
Joel Robison is a Canadian photographer and mental health advocate. He has worked with international brands as well as non-profit organizations, creating work that is both thoughtful and imaginative. His close personal connections to men’s mental health and suicide have motivated him to take on a more active role in ending the stigma around the conversation about mental health.