Dr. John Ogrodniczuk
PhD, University of Alberta, and Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of British Columbia
- Founder of HeadsUpGuys
- 20+ years of experience as a psychotherapist and researcher in men’s mental health and male suicide
- Over 250 scientific publications
Professor and Director
- Dr. Ogrodniczuk is a Professor of Psychiatry at The University of British Columbia (UBC) and Director of the UBC Psychotherapy Program.
- In his role as Director, Dr. Ogrodniczuk oversees the operations of North America’s second largest medically based psychotherapy training program.
- Dr. Ogrodniczuk’s research has been supported by various provincial and national funding bodies, and has led to more than 250 scientific publications (links to publications below).
- Dr. Ogrodniczuk conults with a wide variety of organizations in the workplace, provides leadership coaching, and serves as a high performance consultant for athletes. Dr. Ogrodniczuk is available for consultation to help men develop strategies for healthy living and recovery through his therapy practice, Optimum Consulting.
Dr. Ogrodniczuk regularly provides interviews concerning men’s mental health. Below are a few examples:
- Men, mental health, and ending the ‘man up’ mentality | CBC The National
- Helping men dealing with depression | Global News Morning BC
- International men’s day: Let’s talk about men’s mental health | CAPE
- For a full list of Dr. Ogrodniczuk’s over 250 scientific publications, please visit his pages on ResearchGate and Google Scholar.