Project Manager, HeadsUpGuys
B.Sc. majoring in Computer Science, UBC
Since recovering from experiences with depression and attempted suicide in 2010, Josh has become a passionate advocate for mental health, volunteering and working in the area of mental health advocacy since 2012. Josh has been with HeadsUpGuys since 2014.
Josh has had articles published by HuffPost, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), and the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA). He has also been interviewed by HuffPost, Global TV, Movember Radio, and has had his story and work featured by CBC News: The National.
Additionally, Josh has written over 50 articles on HeadsUpGuys, which have been visited more than 500,000 times.
- 5 Myths that Prevent Men from Fighting Depression | NAMI
- Depression is an Illness, Not a Weakness | NAMI
- It’s Time To Get Men Talking About Depression | HuffPost
- The Advice I Would Give Other Guys Fighting Depression | The Mighty
- A Guide to Therapy For Men, From a Man Who’s Been There | The Mighty
- Feature on CBC The National | CBC TV News
- Health Matters: World Mental Health Day | Global TV BC
- In The Barber Chair, Joshua Beharry | Movember Radio
- From Suicide Attempt Survivor To Mental Health Advocate | HuffPost
- Men’s depression project focuses on real stories, solutions | The Vancouver Sun